Tanja BurkhardAssistant Professor email@example.com 360-546-9615 McClaskey 227, Vancouver 14204 NE SALMON CREEK AVE
• Postdoctoral Associate at University of Pittsburgh School of Education, 2017-2020
• Ph.D. Education & Human Ecology, The Ohio State University, 2017
• M.A. Applied Linguistics, Southern Illinois University, 2013
• B.A. Translation Studies, Johannes-Gutenberg Universität Mainz, Germany, 2010
Areas of Emphasis
• Family diversity
• Immigration, language/literacy and racialization
• Qualitative methodologies
• Feminist approaches
Burkhard, T. and Park. S. (in progress). Researcher/Translator: Interpreting Multilingual Qualitative Data
at the Intersections of Race, Gender, and Migration.
Burkhard, T. and Deiri, Y. (in progress). A Letter in the Dirt: On Mourning Participants in Transnational
Kinloch, V., Penn, C. and Burkhard, T. (accepted). Black Lives Matter: Storying, Identity, and
Counternarratives. Journal of Literacy Research
Burkhard, T. (February 2020). A New Spelling of My Name”: Becoming a (Black, feminist, immigrant) Autoethnographer through Zami. Cultural Studies <-> Critical Methodologies: “Blurring The Body and The Page: The Theory, Style, and Practice of Autoethnography.
Burkhard, T. (2019). I Need You to Tell My Story: Co-Constructing Qualitative Inquiry as/with Black Transnational Women. Cultural Studies <-> Critical Methodologies: Becomingswith Hybrid Bodies: Immigration, Public Policy, and the In-Between. https://doi.org/10.1177/1532708618817883
Kinloch, V., Burkhard, T. & Graham, D. (2019). Storying Youth Lives: Centering Equity in Teaching and Teacher Education. International Journal on Qualitative Studies in Education.