Curriculum Vitae (docx)
- HD 201 Child Development (prenatal through early childhood)
- HD 202 Middle Childhood and Adolescence
- HD 302 Parent-child Relationships
- HD 342 Curriculum for Young Children’s Programs
- HD 410 Public Policy Issues Impacting Families and Individuals
- HD 420 Theories of Human Development
- HD 464 Administration of Child Care Programs
- HD 482 Child Assessment
- HD 510 Graduate Proseminar*
- HD 511 Theories and Substance of Human Development*
- HD 560 Seminar in Child Development*
- HD 562 Administration and Leadership in Early Childhood Programs*
- Early childhood care and education
- Issues of the child care work force
- Play as a developmental process for young children
- Child care staff retention and turnover
- Outcome assessment in early childhood education
Boyd, B. (2013). Reviews of The Art of Roughhousing: Good old-Fashioned Horseplay and Why Every Kid Needs It and Big Body Play: Why Boisterous, Vigorous, and Very Physical Play Is Essential to Children’s Development and Learning. The American Journal of Play, 5(3), 366-368.
Boyd, B.J., & Wandschneider, M.R. (2005). Washington State Child Care Career and Wage Ladder pilot project evaluation study: Final report. Washington State University: Department of Human Development.
Boyd, B.J. (2000). Celebrating 70 years of laboratory preschool at Washington State University. National Organization of Child Development Laboratory Schools Bulletin, 35, 1-4.
Boyd, B.J. (1999). Developmentally appropriate practices. In C. Smith (Ed.), The encyclopedia of parenting (pp. 124-125). Westport, CT: Geenwood Publishing Group.
Boyd, B.J. (1999). Goodness of fit model. in C. Smith (Ed.), The encyclopedia of parenting (pp. 204-205). Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing Group.
Boyd, B.J. (1999). Teacher response to superhero play: To ban or not to ban? In E.N. Junn & C.J. Boyatiz (eds.), Annual Editions 1999-2000: Child Growth and Development (pp.102-107). Guilford, CT: Dushkin/McGraw-Hill.
Boyd, B.J. (1999). Transition to parenthood. In C. Smith (Ed.), The encyclopedia of parenting (pp. 455-456). Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing Group.
Boyd, B.J. (1999). Natural and logical consequences. In C. Smith (Ed.), The encyclopedia of parenting (pp.88-89). Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing Group.