Boredom is a common experience but as researchers, we don’t fully understand when boredom may be helpful or harmful. To answer these questions and better understand the experience of boredom in adolescence and young adulthood, we are collecting quantitative, qualitative, and physiological data to better understand the experience of boredom.
Research questions currently being addressed include:
- How does boredom change historically and developmentally?
- How has COVID-19 impacted experiences of boredom?
- How is boredom related to cognition?
- What are the neurological correlates of boredom?
- How do individuals cope with boredom? Why do some have difficulty coping?